Trim choice for Maple ?

I'm doing a countertop for maple cabinets. What species of wood wood complement the maple? I'll be edgeing it with a router so I won't be staining. Mike

Reply to
mbaybut

Does that mean if you don't have a router you must stain? :)

I've always been partial to black walnut with maple for the contrast, but it's strictly a matter of personal preference.

Reply to
Swingman

Depending on your taste and the look you're after, there are many choices. Walnut, ebony, mahogany, cherry, amongst others, all look good with maple. I'd stay away from oak and ash.

I'm a big fan of the medium dark woods with light woods, and the dark woods with medium woods, but that's simply my preference.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I like purpleheart with maple, after it gets brown. Don't try to sell it as purple, though, 'cause it changes. Walnut is good, or thin strips of walnut filled with holly. It looks like guitar binding.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Singleton