Trestle Table Design Question - leg separation distance

o sweet jeeeeeeezus, like I ready needed those tears in my eyes and coffee all over the monitor!

Reply to
Swingman

You mean the Thanksgiving Specials? When I was growing up we used to do that, plus the card tables for the kids. The rest of the year those spare doors sat against the back wall of the stroreroom. Crowded the living room and dining room, but fun. (The dining room table was where the extra food was laid out.)

--RC Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

OK, I'll bite. _WHAT_ are the 2x4's for?

A slab door, and 2 (or 3) 2-drawer file-cabinets. Done!

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

My first trestle table was supported by two cardboard packing boxes. File cabinets are a BIG upgrade!

Reply to
firstjois

Spot on! LOL You got to eat in from the dining room table if you were fast and a lot of grown-ups weren't paying attention!

It got so crowded here one July 4th that I took used the hallway door as the much needed extra table and put a bow on the door knob.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois