Tracing lines on to wood

LOL! It could, but I don't know if it does. ;-) Common usage is Original Poster.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Perhaps the question is whether one remembers when carbon paper was the only option -- i.e., before photo copiers? Just an idle thought.

Reply to
igor

Reply to
John DeBoo

Part of the confusion is that OP didn't describe up front what he was using the method for. For faux graining wood it makes a lot of sense. As a substitute for carbon paper, it's less useful, as a number of the followups pointed out.

rcook5

Only option?? Am I the only one who remembers mimeograph machines?

--jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Picciotto

Ahhhh... the sweet aroma of mimeograph paper just before a test...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Not to mention the old Bruning copy machines and the more compact Hectograph...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I wonder how many kids could have been rocket scientists but for sniffing those papers?

Reply to
Silvan

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:12:30 -0500, "Mike Marlow" calmly ranted:

I loved the purple ink smell nonetheless.

------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques

Is this going to turn into one of those 'Older Than Dirt' series of messages !?!

Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {Had the BIL over for X-Mas dinner . . . just got married 2 weeks ago. Somehow, during table conversation, used the line, "I've got socks older than you !!"

"Jeffrey Picciotto" ...

Reply to
Ron Magen

I can't remember who to give credit to, but a used fax machine cartridge (from the type that looks like a wide ribbon on rollers) works well too.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Dirt? You had dirt? We made our own from rocks.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

you had rocks? we were still waiting for the earth's crust to cool down enough to walk on it....

Reply to
bridger

From a site from JOAT.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

at least you didn't have to sit and wait through those six long days of creation...

Although,... Eve was quite a looker in her prime.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Yeah, but what CHOICE did Adam have? Huh? ;-) "The girl all gets prettier at closing time ... "

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde