Totally OT Ford attempts to dazzle the customer

Well the 500 did not do well so Ford decided to make a BOLD move to please the customer and rename it the Taurus. I guess they figure the average buyer will not know the difference. They are so proud of that decision that they have renamed one of their SUV's, the Escape or the Freestyle I don't recall which, the Taurus X.

Now Ford is reintroducing the Model-T

Leon

Sounds fair. All the good Italian and French names are in use by the competition.

Reply to
George

Max

Reply to
Max

Article says $950.00 Wonder if you have to pay using those oversized bills.

Reply to
John B

Tongue-in-cheek? Satire? A gentle tug on the leg? Or something else. Whatever it is, you can bet that's not a serious report. If nothing else about it is a clue, this statement makes the report preposterous:

"... the company will save millions of dollars by paying workers on the man-powered assembly lines?once considered a revolutionary breakthrough?wages at 1911 rates. ..."

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

TheOnion.com is the tongue in cheek give away. A newspaper version of SNL.

Ford has however renamed 2 different vehicles with the Taurus name.

Reply to
Leon

Taurus was Napoleon's middle name. Napoleon Taurus Bonaparte. (Say it quickly)

...ain't that a knee-slapper?

Reply to
Robatoy

Thanks. This was my first encounter with "TheOnion". Did look over the page somewhat, but didn't see any disclaimers indicating the non-serious nature of the reporting.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

I remember a Zephyr being an absolute piece of crap. Now it's a hoity- toity Lincoln. The name Vauxhall and Firenza bring back some very disturbing memories. (Ford didn't have an exclusive on name badgering.) Then there was the Ford Granada from the late 70's..now THAT was a price winner. The European Ford Grenada was a great car. I rented it there when I could. Let's not even begin to talk about such miscarriages as the Bobcat and Pinto...Ford has come up with trash, I tell ya. ..and..and WHO can forget that Thunderbird which came in blue with brown straps on the farking trunk lids...maaaaan what an abomination. Then there was the GT40, which made it all better....what a nice piece that was. I drove a Ford 500 recently and thought it was just fine. I quite liked it.

Reply to
Robatoy

WAS, it is already no longer. I think it is the Milan now.

That's the new Taurus now.

Reply to
Leon

The Onion did a parody on the moon landing. See if you can find it....it brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.

Reply to
Robatoy

Not familiar with "The Onion"?

Reply to
B A R R Y

On occasion, "The Onion" has had some real side splitters, the Ford article isn't their best work.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Ok, I'll admit to being a little behind the power curve since I'd never heard of it until now. But, based on other posts, it's got a strong potential for making my list of favorites. I'm always open to a humorous read; Patrick F. McManus being one of my most enjoyed authors.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Not very familiar with "The Onion" huh Tom.

Max

Reply to
Max

Lincoln MKZ. Changes include a 3.5L, 263 Hp over the 3.0L, 202 HP, a smoooooth 6 speed tranny, improved suspension. Nice little car. Just bought one for my wife.

Max

Reply to
Max

SNIP

You know, I don't think I have ever read anything really bad about this car, and for the most part it seem to be seeing positive reports on most aspects of this model.

But I just don't think that American comsumers care anymore about Ford and their lousy products. After putting out crap for so many years, they are simply irrelevant. All that bad capital they have built over the years will truly be almost impossible to overcome.

I wonder if any tool makers are following along on the home version of this story...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Ford has to stop looking at the next quarter and do like the Japanese. Look to the 20th quarter.

Reply to
willshak

How much did the Onion say the T would cost. You can buy a real T for about $13,000.

Reply to
willshak

The article about Harry Reid kicking the ranch dog sure made the rounds in a hurry! Until people realized the source! Sure sounded believable.

Reply to
Digger