Tool Quandry...

About a year ago I got what I thought was a great deal on a used Dewalt/B&D Radial arm saw. Good shape, running, dual voltage, $90!

Worked great for about 6 months, and then the motor fried.

Now I'm getting quotes to rebuild the motor for between $300 (small local shop, may or may not know didly about RAS motors) and $600 (Wolf Machine, total motor rebuild, THE guys to go to)

So the question is, What should I do? Take my chances at $300? Spend the $ and get it done right? Use the Dewalt as a boat anchor, and buy a new real big SCMS?

Thanx for the Help and advice, Lex

Reply to
lex

Ask these guys:

A Dog Named Stain

I would cut my losses at $90 and move forward.

BRuce

lex wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

Depends on the saw. If it's the classic DeWalt design, I'd get it rebuilt (though I'd look for a better price). If it's one of the ones designed by the penny-pinchers at B&D, dump it.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Oh yeah, I have a running head/motor for a B&D/DeWalt saw of the cheap type if you're interested.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Sounds like a bit exorbitant for your quote.

You might try another local shop. Its maybe a half day work. Even at a shop rate of $50, that would only be $200.

Rick

Reply to
Rick