Tool coating

I once saw an episode of "This Old House", and one of the guys talked about this stuff he used on a wooden sliding door to make it stop sticking and glide nice and easy again.

He also talked about how he used this stuff to coat his cutting tools like, saw and circular saw. It makes the wood glide nice and freely over the saw table surface.

I think this stuff was some kind of paste, wax, or something.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or know the name of this stuff? For the life of me I can't remember.

Thanks, sdm

Reply to
Scott D. Magee

I think paraffin would do nicely in both cases.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

The stuff he used in that segment was a product called called SlipIt.

Here's a link to a page about the episode:

Lee Gordon

Johnson's Paste Wax works for me.

Reply to
Walt Cheever

But use care. The original Slip-It contains silicones. There is a "Sil-free" version, a jell and, I think, a pump spray (as opposed to aerosol packaged) version.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused