TOH

Watched part of this old house tonight, looks like Norm has taken the show over , he now has an Irish apprentice who seems wet behind the ears . What happened to Steve ???? mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Google for several threads.

Welcome back.

Reply to
George

Welcome back stranger. You musta been WAY out in the boonies. There was a parting of the ways between Steve and The Pain That Must Be. For the particulars, DAGS. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

What is DAGS?

Reply to
Just Dave

It wasn't even a TOH episode; it was an Ask TOH segment. He's pleasant enough, and he's not Bob Vila; that's two good reasons to cut him some slack right there. He doesn't have any credibility with the tradespeople yet or the other cohosts, but he'll probably do okay. As long as he's not Bob Vila, I don't think anyone has to worry.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I'll save ya' the DAGS. Steve's gone. Theories range from: left mad 'cuz he wanted more money; left happy 'cuz he wanted to do other things.

The New Guy's some 'schmoe (izz'that Yiddish for something? If so - something benign, I hope) that was a homeowner on a TOH episode. Morash liked him, thought he had a good rapport, and tagged him to be the host. Haven't seen him myself, but reports are he's off to a rough start -- as was Steve, Tommy, etc.

Reply to
mttt

Zowie! T'anks for the correction. Morash taps this guy for the lead after a

45 minute visit from Tommy, Richard or Roger??? That's some cojones.
Reply to
mttt

mttt asks:

Dunno if it's Yiddish, but it's Al Capp in his Dogpatch cartoons---Daisy Mae and Li'l Abner for those old enough to recall.

Charlie Self "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Charlie Self

Reply to
John Siegel

Yep, the Schmoos lived in Lower Slobovia

John Siegel wrote:

Reply to
lopez

DAGS is a relatively new acronym invented (I think) here on the wreck. It means Do A Google Search and IDAGS means I Did A Google Search. Usually this refers to the group archive on Google:

could be in reference to searching the whole web with Google:
have to figure that out by the context of the message.

Note that binary groups aren't archived by Google.

Hope this helps.

ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure

What is DAGS? DAGS is a relatively new acronym invented (I think) here on the wreck. It means Do A Google Search and IDAGS means I Did A Google Search. Usually this refers to the group archive on Google:

but could be in reference to searching the whole web with Google:
You have to figure that out by the context of the message.