Today's Hint - Don't do things like this

Not always practical on a drill press, though. I've never had problems losing the chuck keys for my portable drills, but I had a hard time keeping track of the drill press key until I bought one of these:

Doug Miller

I dropped a generous glob of Nitromors (Paint remover) on my lap. When the chemical eventually reached my crown jewels there was no time for contemplation. I rushed headlong straightaway into the kitchen, dropped my Jeans and y-fronts, splashed my bare burning privates with water. Such relief. As the agony subsided I realised I had a spectator. The local spinster lady was standing in the road, both hands full of shopping bags, mouth agape.

Jim the Limp

Reply to
Jay Arr

Use a key with a spring loaded center pin which pops the key out if you let go. I store the key on the right side of the belt housing with one of those dime diameter rare earth magnets. The key _won't_ fall off on its own.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Never, I mean NEVER scratch the family jewels after applying Capzacin-HP to a sore back. This stuff is made from really hot peppers and reacts to body heat. Even a week later you can still feel it when the sun shines on you.

It will make any tough guy cry real tears....trust me.

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Here in Australia we have some stuff called Denkorub which is a deep heat type thing for muscle soreness - after a football game you can usually smell the change rooms from 200 feet away because of the stuff.

You learn at an early age to wash your hands twice before you go to the dunny after using the stuff. Cheers Paul

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia

Reply to
Paulco

My press is close enough to the outlet that I can strap it to the cord. It's also a self-ejector.

Didn't plan it, just worked out that way. Also has a hole > >They make these nifty things for less than a buck which allow you to connect

Reply to
George

You also need to scrub your hands REALLY REALLY well with lots and lots of soap after using Vicks and before taking a leak.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:27:03 -0700, Doug Winterburn calmly ranted:

I just jumped up and ran out to the shop, placing a dime diameter RE magnets on the face of my drill press, then affixing the chuck key to it. You're right, it will NOT get away on its own.

Thanks for the reminder, Doug.

------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques

Make sure your DP is bolted down so you don't yank it over when pulling the key of the RE magnet ;-)

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Ski club. "Deep Heat". Don't ask about the rest.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

hey, I've done that to the extension cord on the hedge trimmers a couple of times ;)

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Reply to
George

I heard on the radio today that Scottish regiments stopped wearing kilts into battle during the Great War. Apparently the mustard gas would rise up under the kilt and burn the sweaty parts.

Reply to
Derek Andrews

They's fast, ain't they? Good think it was only a 20' cord!

(At least that's what I've "heard".)

Reply to
Tom Murphy

Thanks for that visual. %-)

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Uh, if he needs the rest of it, I have it in the garage. :(

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

BTDT...burnished the plank to death...

Peter Teubel Milford, MA

Peter Teubel

Damn! This one took on life of its own.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

DP chuck key and rare earth magnets? bright orange holders? buying stuff from lee valley? am I the only person in the universe still using a piece of string?

Larry Jaques wrote:

Larry Levinson Talking up to the vocal ... LLevinson*Bloomberg.net (remove the star etc ....)

Reply to
Larry Levinson

Nope. But we may be a couple of only a few. Sometimes it amazes me to read the fascination with anything Lee Valley here. I've never purchased from them, and I'm sure they have some very good stuff, as well, they seem to have an excellent reputation, but they also seem to have an almost cult like following. Seems just about anything that comes from them will at some point become a recommended item. Someday I'm going to have to check this place out...

Reply to
Mike Marlow