Today's Hint - Don't do things like this

Been there; Done that.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Owen Lowe:

Yahbut, was it said whilst bending over or whilst on your knees?

UA100, who wonders why you never see these tips in the magazines...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I bet they stayed sharp longer than usual!!

Reply to
Eric Ryder

Or the Tommy bar from the chuck....

Reply to
George

The slot cutting bit for a router will cut, but it smokes a lot and smells like burnt wood:-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Noted in previous post......... the phone survived in fine shape with a few sander scuffs. After some sanding in place on the belt it shot it up against the stop, flew up into the air, bounced off of a wire frame shelf and almost landed in my hand. No, I am not that coordinated. Just lucky.

Reply to
RonB

They actually dull really quickly!! Done that. max

Reply to
max

Chuck keys left in the chuck will fly and hide forever. Don't ask!

Reply to
Richard L.

Did you know that metalworking lathes have more torque?

Dave "no reason, just sayin... (DUCK!)" Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Unisaw A100 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's what editors are for. They don't want to send you the $35.

Reply to
patriarch

I have NEVER unwound only 30' of a 100' extension cord reel and plugged in a chain saw and then wondered 20 minutes later where the smell of burning rubber was coming from - after the first time.

FoggyTown

Reply to
Mike Girouard

One of the first things I did at school - self-ejecting keys.

Reply to
George

--zzzing---

THWAP!

OWWWWWW!

Reply to
bridger

Well of course they will. After being hurt like that, they're as skittish as cats but don't need to compromise because they don't need to be fed.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Same for a straight-cutting shaper bit.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

My father years ago was cutting wood with a power saw, all of a sudden the saw stopped, he turned round to blast us kids when he noticed that the power cord of the saw was about 4 inches long. How the hell he didn't get fried we have no idea because this was about 81 and the saw was a metail bodied beast. Cheers Paul

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia

Reply to
Paulco

lol

the solution for chuck keys, wrenches, etc is to always hold them in your hand - if you don't let go until it's removed from the tool, you won't start the tool with the wrench attached. (works for me)

the one that is harmless but always makes me jump is when I'm changing sandpaper on a jitterbug with the air pressure still on and it starts up on me....

Reply to
william_b_noble

I think we can guess what happened to that !

Some friends of mine asked me to repair their handheld planer a while back. They're hippies and are scared of this new-fangled electrickery business. Apart from the fatal "bite", the cable for the planer had at least six oval scoops missing from it, two of them wrapped in brown parcel tape.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That's only half the solution. The other half is to make sure you put it down in the same place every time, so you know where it is the next time you need it.

Doug Miller

They make these nifty things for less than a buck which allow you to connect the key to a cord. Or not, which I guess is why they're International Orange.

Reply to
George