Tiny, Perfect Staircases Made by the 'compagnons'

Spalted Walt

Cool Stuff!

I gained an appreciation for this kind of miniature work after seeing the work of a member of my woodworker's club, Iulia Chin Lee.

At least from the photos it appears that the stair cases are made the same way that full size stairs would be made. Iulia also makes all of her furniture and doll houses as if they were full scale. Mortise and tenon joinery, raised panels, hand cut dovetails, turnings, marquetry, etc. I recall that her work was awarded ribbons at shows against full size furniture!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Apparently there's a company batching out repops of at least one of the 19th century originals. orig:

$157 repop:

same thing at 4X the price ($613):

Spalted Walt