This End Up Furniture- question about assembly

Hello, I have a large sofa from This End Up furniture that I bought several years ago. I want to get rid of it but can not lift it as it weighs several hundred pounds. Does anyone know if these come apart? I dont remember if, when initially delivered- it came in parts... thanks

Reply to
KOS

A chain saw will dismantle it quickly and efficiently.

Reply to
Dhakala

Several hundred pounds? Take the fold-a-bed out first.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

We had several TEU pieces and all came knocked down. Assembly was with silicon bronze capscrews with a hex head. The heads are about 1/2" in dia. If you see these on your piece it's probable that's how it was assembled too.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

My this end up stuff was disassembled too. BTW it served us well for 18 years, the last 2 of which the dining table has made a fine workbench top and the hutches great cabinets for tools too. :-)

Reply to
Rich
[Sigh] Just read what I wrote earlier. The heads are round. The sockets in them were hex for an allen wrench.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Hello all, thanks for the reply. I suppose it did come dissassembled. makes sense. Anyway, I am looking at the long sofa and I see holes where nails went.. There are also staple style nail holes there. I dont see any area where there are screws.. Can someone explain where these are located? I want to disasemble so as to make it lighter to carry upstairs.

Appreciate your help. I am pretty handy just please be specific with instructions. thanks again

Reply to
KOS

Try the manufacturer. thisendup.com

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Huh . . I thought they were out of business, but it looks like they just closed their retail stores.

We had good service from them for our bed, and I kinda like their stuff. So I'm weird.

Reply to
Charles Krug

I did that with a hideous old sofabed about 10 years ago.

Lotta fun!

Jerry

Reply to
jerry_maple

This end up did go out of business several years ago. A new group bought the name and designs. They seem to be making a comeback selling mostly to colleges and office furniture markets.

Reply to
Fred

I recently received a disassembled TEU sofa from a friend. There should be round plugs on each end covering the heads of LONG phillips head screws. However, other connections are with nails or staples and must be pried apart. As I have a workshop, I'm rebuilding mine so all parts are connected with screws for easy assembly and disassembly.

Reply to
Caver