Think you have seen it all with nails and nail guns?

Think again.
Wooden nail guns.
https://www.beck-lignoloc.com/en
replying to Leon, Iggy wrote: That's really sweet! Screw hating Furniture-Makers can finally make stuff that lasts.
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 9:46:10 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Just can't see how that would work. What would keep the "nail" heads from popping off? I can't see how the nail itself would be strong enough to coun tersink it, which is a large reason we use air nailers.
How careful would you have to be with "nail" storage to keep them at the ri ght humidity so they didn't swell? What happens when you hit a knot... doe s the nail break off so you have a stub sticking up requiring sanding? Whe n the gun doesn't set the nail flush, can you pound in the wooden nail in, or more important, can you drive it in without breaking the head?
To me, this looks like a solution to a non existent problem.
Robert

https://www.beck-lignoloc.com/en/service/faqs
08:29:35 -0800 (PST) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

    It is a solution to a specific set of conditions.
    Specialized nail-gun using specialized nails - not much different in concept to staple/pin guns.
--
pyotr filipivich

HEY! I'm just the messenger. LOL
BUT I think this is a finish nail type application. With wood I think that they think that no counter sink is necessary.
I think this could look good for laying down decking and or for a rustic finish.

BTY just took a break from Kim and I making another 30 lbs. of sausage. ;~)
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 1:27:45 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Yeah, you can stuff some of that in my Christmas stocking, also.
Sonny
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 1:27:45 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

;~)
Alright! Finishing up some of the last batch we made here, some with Kath y and some with friends. Tried a bunch of other recipes a few months ago, and still like the ones we started with the best.
Since this is tamale season pork will be $1 a pound (or close) soon. That m eans pork butts for the pit and a lot more sausage. I made some more link s ausage last time and it was good, but not epic. When I hit on a really good recipe I will send it on. I will be trying to con my beer making buddy int o doing the sausage making at his house so we can drink beer and smoke ciga rs (he has a small outdoor kitchen) all day while making/smoking the next b atch.
An awful way to spend a day, no doubt.
Just thinking about it... 30# of sausage is a helluva lot of sausage! Did you finish off your last batch, or are you prepping for gifts?
Robert

Yeah! Kim added to make the spices stronger this time and feel it is much better. And we went with a coarse grind. We mistakenly used the finer grind the first time and the sausage was more like hot dog consistency. 20 lbs.of breakfast sausage and 10 lbs. of Italian. About 3-4 hours to make and package.

We picked up 3, 10 lb. pork shoulders for .99 per pound.

We were done by about 1:30 in the afternoon. I think my fingers got frost bite. ;~)

We had about 3, 10 oz. packs left, we did give a few away over the past few months.
Leon
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 9:46:10 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Interesting! Possibly something to look forward to, but probably not in my lifetime for a hobbyist.
Wonder if lubricating the gun would affect the/some nails? Might not matt er for framing/construction, but it may for a fine woodworking project.
Seems the sheer strength of the nails are limited. For a larger diameter a nd/or longer nail, the driving force would compromise the strength of the n ail. Beck does state they are working on those criteria. *Might need to translate to English, as the original website is German/Austrian/Slovic la nguage. https://www.beck-lignoloc.com/service/faq
Sonny

That is neat, so who is gonna take one for the team on this one.
"Leon" wrote in message

One industry that could use this is the coffin industry... Due to religious standards some coffins cannot contain any metal. As such the assembly is typically done with dowels. Even if they needed 2-3 times as many wooden nails as dowels it would be quicker and cheaper.
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 17:23:35 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"

Is there a religious problem with Dominoes? ;-)
wrote in message

The name's historical ties to gambling is probably an issue. ;~)
On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:33:42 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"

Ah, good point. My grandmother thought playing cards was a sin. We did nothing but play cards when we visited her (nothing else for us kids to do).
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 8:37:21 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

My grandmother thought it was a sin if we *didn't* play cards.
Whist as group, Gin Rummy one-on-one. If she wasn't making pierogies, she was playing solitaire.
My brothers and I are renting a house for a big family Christmas. I can't wait to see their faces when I whip out Grandma's Michigan Rummy board and a big jar of pennies.
https://i.imgur.com/0XdMkYb.jpg
On 12/7/2017 8:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

ARE YOU POLISH? My son just married into a polish family and the wedding was grand, steeped heavily in Polish tradition. Our family grew exponentially. Her mother and father are one of 8 kids from each family. I think they were all there. LOL
Out in Bandara, Texas, aka Bantucky. ;~)
On scene minutes after leaving the church, great photographer that was taking pictures for 8 hours.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/26820761329/in/dateposted-public/
On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 9:49:18 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

te:

ly is

wooden

Genetically, about 25¢ worth (Grandma). Another 25¢ is French Can adian (Grandpa). The other half a buck is Italian from my Dad's side.
In practice, I'm just about all Italian. My family is originally from Massachusetts, but I grew up in NYC with a bunch of Italian friends.
While we practiced a few Polish customs at Grandma's house (pierogies at Easter and Christmas, oplatek on Christmas Eve [still do that]) my maternal grandparents were pretty much "Americanized". My paternal Grandparents, on the other hand, were old school Italians. Grandpa came to the US, started a business, established himself and then went back to the old country to "fin d a wife and bring her to America". I remember hanging out at the Italian Clu b where the men drank port wine and played Bocce every Sunday after Mass.

Beautiful couple. Congratulations.
On 12/8/2017 8:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thank you!