thin kerf vs. thick?

What little extra wood you lose, you make up for in a more rigid, less likely to flex or warp blade in the full kerf versions

Only time I can think that a thin kerf would be useful is on grossly underpowered saws, OR in production of LOTS of thin strips/inlay stuff with expensive exotic woods. And if the wood is that expensive/rare, then a bandsaw would be very viable alternative if not a better choice all around

John

Reply to
John Crea

A little bit of cherry? Buy wood!!!

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Personally I find very little difference in wood saving between using a band and table saw, presuming that the cut is within the capacity of both saws, more so the thicker the wood. I am quite prepared to accept that it is my technique. choice of equipment etc, in which case I welcome enlightenment.

I have found very few BS blades that track perfectly, I've tried euro style flat , cam adjusted tangental and cool block type bearings. No matter how carefully I adjust, the resulting cut always needs some planing action, with both sides of the cut being planed net savings are generally zero.

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall