THe price of wood

I remember I had an acquaintance back then who excitedly told me, one day, "I'm beta testing for Stacker!" I said, "Yeah, you do that. Good luck with that..."

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

It was Stac.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

My standard comment in such situations has been, for rather a long time now, "Yeah, 'cuz what could _possibly_ go wrong?".

Reply to
Dave Hinz

32 MB IIRC.

I saw one of those things the other day. What do you bet half the people, maybe even 75% or even 90% of the people who have home computers today have no clue what a "full sized card" is?

I ran into that with someone in some context or other. I don't remember the surrounding details, but his definition of a "full sized card" was one where the PCB came all the way to the end of the edge connector.

Reply to
Silvan

it's been a while since I've had a card that came to the "front" of the case and had to be supported there. last one was a sound card, IIRC...

Reply to
bridger

Snip ......

started on the walk down "memory" lane (pun intended). I remember when ALL cards were full-length. I read a piece about a computer museum on aliceandbill.com and blathered on about all the ones they missed ... I don't need to do that again this week.

Perhaps when this embedded controller programming job finishes up, I'll make some sawdust. After I clear the electronics crap out of the shop!

Regards,

Rick

BTW, bought a USB "thumb drive" yesterday ... 128 MB ... 'bout as big as the old drive _connector_ ... capacity is greater than what my first FOUR computers combined had ... for $16.00.

Reply to
Rick