The Official "What I got for Christmas" thread...

I'll start:

A delta "Shopmaster" planer A dremel & kit An overhead cord reel A Stanley block plane A Green Curt Schilling Jersey

And the suprise...

2 30" Besseys!! (Never thought the wife would spend that kind of money on a clamp)
Reply to
junk

A recent vintage (ie nothin' special) Stanley block plane A Veritas Scraping 101 outfit with the burnisher, jointer and other gadgetry A brass three-in-one marking gauge A box of blanks to make totes and knobs for hand planes (from Dave in Fairfax)

An acousto-electric guitar A guitar stand Trumpet music

One each of: shoes, jeans, shirt

Laid. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Reply to
Silvan

I got 2 40" bessey clamps and a XBox with 3 games. Something to do with subzero temps and a empty karosene heater.

Reply to
Mike S.

Wow, she's a keeper.

OTOH, I did get two 18" Uniclamps and a box of goodies from Lee Valley Digital caliper Apron Bench Pups Wonder pup Metal detector Apron

7" vice Flush cutting saw And the usual assortment of shirts, etc.

I'm going to rebuild my bench to accommodate the vice and bench pups as well as fit its space better.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My 17 year old daughter is here. What more could I want?

Reply to
My Old Tools

Plaid, I presume :-)

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

A nice set of machinist squares An Incra 2000 miter guage An X-Y table for the mortiser I got last month (early gift) Drill Doctor

3 Highway Men and 1 Johnny Cash CDs lots of stocking stuffers.
Reply to
tillius

Griz G0505 planer :-)

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 06:16:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com wrote (in article ):

Hee, hee!

The big Milwaukee router for a future table Penn State remote for the cyclone Performax 16-32 sander

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Assorted goodies from lee valley and woodcraft! SWMBO really knew what i wanted! I expect a thread on reviews from everyone on their new tools soon! Happy holidays. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

My daughter arrived Wednesday afternoon to spend the week. My son arrived, unexpectedly, last night around 11. Christmas came early. It has been quite a while since everyone was home.

Reply to
Jim Giblin

=================== It is now almost 11:15 AM and all the gifts still sit under the Tree None will be opened until the Kids arrive sometime much later this afternoon... Christmas morning is not anywhere like it was when the rug rats were still at home...

Anyway... I will not be getting any tools. everyone knows better... call me "pickly" or whatever but the family knows This old boy will do his own tool shopping...

Enjoy Guys... & Gals.... wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

On the actual day:

Delta OSS Shop Apron Set of 3 glue bottles Incra miter slider piece of 20x30 - 7ply 3/8 inch Finland birch ply (to make a new/better sled)

From Dec 26 of last year to Dec 24 of 2004:

Jet 9/48 disc belt sander Delta mortising machine PC pin nailer A set of Bessey 24/40 clamps

-------

2005 might be the year to replace my 15+ year old imported TS w/cheapo fence with something more in keeping with my now "advanced" skills - at least, that's the line I'm using on SWMBO!

Have a great, safe holiday everyone!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Yer not the only one, Bob. ;>

Michael Baglio

Reply to
Michael Baglio

A few years ago I was surfing the TV and ran across an infomercial for some stupid hammer thingee with a nail dispenser. As a gen-u-wine tool ex-purt I of course immediately recognized it for the gimmicky junque that it was.

Then I had a horrible thought; what if some uninitiated tool newby saw that and thought, "gee, what a great gift idea for Dad."? I would feel horrible having to feign appreciation for and disguise the disposal of such a gift.

I immediately called both my son and daughter and warned them that if they saw the infomercial to ignore it and don't buy it. My son, wise beyond his years, unbeknownst to me, said, "don't worry. We both know you're far too picky about your tools to buy anything without checking first."

Who said he'd never amount to anything?

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I told my bride that there was only one thing I really wanted (for the shop) this Christmas.

I wanted "Alice, I want a pencil sharpener."

Her eyebrows went up.

"Honey, I want a pencil sharpener like we used as kids. The kind that are all metal, and when you turn the crank you can feel finely machined solid cutting edges shearing shavings off of wood, producing a perfect point on the lead."

Her eyebrows were still up.

"Honey, you need to understand this. Pencil sharpeners today are crap. They're plastic. They don't cut for squat. They don't hold the pencil firmly at all, so as you just start to get a really good point, the pencil shifts in the crappy plastic holder part and the point snaps off. The electric ones are okay, but weird as this sounds there's something just _wrong_ about sharpening pencils electrically."

Her eyebrows went down and she got a puzzled look on her face. "Why don't you just go to the office supply store and buy one?"

I laughed out loud. "Go 'head, Santa. Try to find one."

She did. She couldn't. She asked at the stores. She asked friends. Her friends told her her husband was strange. :)

God bless her, she finally found one. A _real_ one. A Boston 55, just like they used to have on the wall in 4th grade, complete with the dial on the face with the different sized holes.

It weighs _pounds._ You can just tell, this thing is going to last forever.

Restoration Hardware. I don't know whether I'm more happy that RH carried them or sad that an item as cool (in it's own way) as this has to be sold in a "retro" Yuppie "hardware" store.

I can't wait to go out to the shop and mount this thing on the wall. I'm the happiest kid on the block.

Michael Baglio

Reply to
Michael Baglio

The wife and I have a deal going...I don't try to buy her scrapbook stuff and she doesn't buy tools. ;-) I pulled the trigger a week or so ago when Amazon offered the Jet Mini Lathe for $175 shipped, so I told the little woman that was my Christmas gift. She responded by buying $100 of paper. For today, she gave me "The New Best Recipe" from the folks at Cook's Illustrated.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

That's what the "wish list" at Lee Valley is for. Between the two turning gouges, hold-down and calipers I got, plus the Veritas smooth plane I got for the big kid, they should have a Merry Christmas.

Reply to
George

Congratulations Michael! I sounds like you've got a keeper! Not sure how Alice found time to do all that hunting with her school work but it sure is clear she cares for you - even if you are strange.

Best wishes to you and Alice. TWS

Reply to
TWS

A Boice-Crane No. 1227 6" Belt Stroke Sander.

sigh...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100