The $4K Wood Shop

ROTFL .... just hate it when a drawer follows you out the door!

That was funny ...

Reply to
Swingman

Yeah, that's probably a more accurate assessment... Geez, every day I become more keenly aware of how precious little time we have to live our lives to the fullest. What a sad existence it must be to waste so much of it stalking other people on the internet.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Yeah... :-) Did.... I pounded a couple indents into the backs of the rails so the wheels drop down and hold.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I love when stuff like that happens. My personality is such that I'd rather be funny than profound. :-)

I got a bunch of those drawers at a best buy that closed down. I offered something stupid like 10 bucks per box and took 6 or 8, I can't remember. They've been through a bunch reincarnations and are ugly, but have served me well.

Reply to
-MIKE-

How true is that? I've made lots of internet friends who turned into "real" friends after meeting in person... including you. It only takes a couple words and a hand shake to figure out if they have a screw loose.

I bet you weren't so sure about me, when I went straight in for the bro-hug. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

You mention you have a poor quality table saw. The table saw is the workhorse of the workshop. Before you splurge on additions like a lathe, etc. I'd upgrade your tablesaw to at least a good contractor's saw. Delta, Powermatic, Dewalt, etc. all make saws in this category.

You should be able to get a good table saw for < $1000 and still have money left over for all the other things you listed. As long as you struggle with a poor quality tablesaw, your woodworking will suffer.

~Mark.

Reply to
Woody

Just based upon our internet conversations I was already 95% sure you didn't have any loose screws, but watching you prepare for the gig before I finally decided it was ok to "bother" you was the final proof. I didn't get that same air of professionalism from the other drummer I'd met earlier that evening. :-)

Nah; I thought nary a thing of it. I'm definitely a hand-shaker and not a hugger (unless you're a girl), but I can handle the occasional "bro-hug", as long as you don't get too carried away. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

Well thanks. (was that the opener?)

I wasn't sure how they handle things down in Texas. :-)

You don't know how tempted I was to do the Bill Murray, uncomfortably long, awkward hug from Groundhog Day.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On stalkers? Usually very accurate when "harassing" is included in the elements of the judgment. On living Life? Each has their own glass and thus their own story. It is what the individual believes of _their_ Life that is paramount, in making a judgment externally. Casual observation is not sufficient to know what a single individual is thinking.

snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com returns: 4,320 for author: snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com. Earliest record is 2003. snipped-for-privacy@swtacobell.net returns: 1,790 forauthor: snipped-for-privacy@swtacobell.net. Earliest record is 2005.

Is it understood it is you, the poster, who is _solely_ responsible for posted content of a post made, nobody else has input? Both of you have been around long enough to know better than the implied direction of your followups quoted.

No mail in the box, Mike.. is there a problem? I haven't a lot of time to spend with this.

------------->chips @hushmail.com

Reply to
cHips

Oh wonderful, another fan. Look Gomer, I've never been to the rodeo, but this isn't my first go around with an internet weirdo. Maybe I have you wrong, but if I don't, keep in mind there are laws on the books for internet harassment, now.

I also have another internet and "real" friend (Steve knows him, too, in fact) who works for the US DoD as, essentially, an hacker's hacker. Whether you believe me or not isn't really a concern to me. I just suggest you keep that in mind when deciding where and how far you decide to take any little games you might think about playing.

Reply to
-MIKE-

How many times did you keep asking the girl to dance after she shot you down? Historically speaking, of course - I'm sure you left all of that behind you.

RicodJour

Well played Mike, most of these types are cowards hiding behind a keyboard. This one may froth a bit, but deep down he just has a hardon for Josephine the top poster.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

-MIKE- swoooooned with; [..]

Sorry.. I don't do "fan of lame".

/sawn

[translation] I am so ridden with paranoia my brain fogs at the sight of a email address.

What was that you were saying about having a Life? Read what you posted, again.

FYI.. I "decided" long before came to my attention. btw... That would never have happened only the subject chose to cross-post (as is his way) so as to _make sure_ I knew where he was currently getting his jollies. You getting any picture here, or are both your antennae covered in tin foil?

Thanks. You answered the question I was to ask in email. What is the actual count for "klutz" in , you (as an example) are perfect meat for Gymmy/Josepi.. bloody clueless. And you are a "Mike"! I can see he will have a lot of fun with you. You worked out how many personas he is running here, yet? Anyone had their identity stolen in mime? What about claims you are all p3d0s? He pulled that one yet?

/baaaahh Yew are a waste of effort..

Just filter this nym.. the name, NOT the address. Think you can manage that much?

y'all enjoy the bonfire now, y'hear. I will just sit and watch.. if that is fine with you.

Reply to
cHips

They were supposed to be, but something got screwed up and the Angels played first, which was just fine by me.

Yeah, I think that would fall under the category of "getting too carried away". :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

I know about HTTP, so now there's also a JTTP.

RicodJour