Telephone poles

Might not be the place to ask, but I'll ask anyway.

I want to make a watchtower out of telephone poles at my cabin. I have always liked heights, and this would be good for sky watching, getting a good view, or sharing a bottle of bubbly with Trixie.

I believe I can get some poles that are used, but in good condition. I believe that four would make a very strong support for a platform that would probably have a limit of four people at any one time.

Anyone else done any work with telephone poles of this type? Seems Tinker Toy simple, disregarding the rigging aspect. (I am a retired crane operator and rigger.) It would be doable, just tricky.

Leaving in a few minutes for a week at the cabin. Post here, and I'll answer in a week.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hey....I wanna have bubbly with Trixie too. :-)

Reply to
cm

Do they need to be hollowed out?

Reply to
LRod

Uhh, what was the question?

Reply to
lwasserm

Not to be critical, but this is a woodworking forum, not a construction forum. I might suggest you post this over at alt.building.construction

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Unless he wants to have a real stylish tower, then maybe alt.crafts.woodturning... *g*

Mac

mac davis

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson