Table saw fence

I have a Delta Rockwell Contractor saw that I bought new in 1967. It runs on a link belt and machined pulleys and stays dead on accurate. The old Jet fence that came with it is acting up again and I am ready to replace it with a biesmeyer. My question is how does the biesmeyer attach to my table.

Reply to
Rodger Pevehouse

It should bolt to the table using the old Jet-Lock holes. The rails on the Bies have an assortment of holes to fit many saws.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

I upgraded the stock Delta fence on my 9" table saw from the early

1970's to a Unifence a while back.

I had to take a drill to the old rail mounting holes because they were threaded and too small for the hardware that came in the packaging. After that, it was pretty straightforward, following the included directions.

I'd recommend trying to find the manual online somewhere and looking it over.

But as Mike O. said, you'll probably just use the holes that are already there for the new fence. If the Bies is like the Unifence, then the fence rail slides onto some bolts that go through the old mounting holes and you tighten them down when it's in the proper place.

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst