Table Saw Blade won't Tighten

Mine will (the wonders of electronics) but uses a set screw on the spindle to keep the threads threaded.

The backside of mine is threaded the opposite direction, I think. Some people think of everything. ;-)

Reply to
krw

<runs to check>

Dumbass. There isn't any thread on the opposite side. The headstock gets moved to the other end for platters. An extension bed is needed (which I don't have).

Reply to
krw

Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Some glues are VERY edible. At one time, some glues were made using egg whites. (Ever notice how sticky they are when you crack an egg and it gets on your fingers?)

They might still be used.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote in news:P8Cdnd8MUN-om snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I've seen it work--tightening the bolt works to get it moving then turning it the other way removes it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

It's a good practice to leave gate valves "closed" about a 1/8 turn. i.e. not opened to the full stop. Valves like the main water shutoff for your house or any other gate valve that is seldom used.

If you need to turn it off and it won't move, you've got some room to open it just a little more to free it up. Sometimes a little back and forth wiggle does the trick, but you need some room on both sides of the wiggle.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The glass tapered bottle with the tip with a slit was "mucilage". It was in my experience utter crap. However it was not toxic.

The "school glue" today is typically some kind of casein based "white glue"--in other words it's derived from milk or if not derived from anymore has the same chemistry as.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Soooooo when I was in elementary school, 1st grade, I have it on good authority that "Paste" was eatable. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Yes! That was it!

Reply to
Leon

Yes that absolutely works especially if the nut/bolt is kind'a rusted in place.

But some times if you are not thinking, you don't know which way is tightening and which is loosening.

So if it will not turn in the direction you first tried, trying in the other direction is essentially tightening and then loosening or visa versa. You end up doing both. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

LOL I did the run and check right before I answered. Mine, a Jet, has an internally treadled shaft on the left side of the assembly. It is left hand threaded but it is internally/female threaded.

Reply to
Leon

I thought the white glue was good. Somewhat of a minty taste.

Reply to
gray_wolf

Wasn't paste just flour and water?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Flour + water + alum =

Moral of the story: Please do not eat the Library Paste, kiddies. Who wants their existence on this planet preserved for posterity as being someone who died eating paste?

Reply to
Spalted Walt