Table Saw Blade won't Tighten

Isn't there a motor? :) Can't imagine there being so little back torque to do as you describe...not saying it isn't, but just hard for me to wrap head around any TS acting that way.

Reply to
dpb

That was my backup plan. I screwed up mine forgetting that famous saying "lefty tighty - righty loosey". Man that arbor nut was on tight!

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The old timers would tell me "if it won't turn, sometimes tightening it will get the bolt moving and it'll come loose." Guess they covered a stuck bolt and a reverse thread in one statement!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That reminds me of a story from the '50s. GE, I think it was, had a troubleshooting guide for their toasters. It said "If your toaster doesn't heat, try reversing the plug." Brilliant!

Reply to
krw

Reply to
Brian Welch

LOL I heard that! Several months ago, mmmm 1972 I worked in an automotive tire center part time while going to school. Those darn Chrysler products were the same way.

Reply to
Leon

Better to just try the other direction. LOL

Reply to
Leon

;~) Yeah. So back in the 60's there was a glue for school. Glass tapered bottle with a rubber application tip with a slit. Turn upside down push tip against the project and the crown tinted glue would uze out.

It was "mint" flavored. what???

Reply to
Leon

;~) Yeah. So back in the 60's there was a glue for school. Glass tapered bottle with a rubber application tip with a slit. Turn upside down push tip against the project and the crown tinted glue would uze out.

It was "mint" flavored. what???

Reply to
Leon

My Craftsman and my Festool circular saws both have arbor locks, the Craftsman is probably 80's vintage. I would be surprised if any of the track saws don't have an arbor lock.

Reply to
Leon

By any chance are you forgetting to put on the large washer between the nut and the blade?

Reply to
Leon

Those are hand circ saws; the thread is about a TS...

Reply to
dpb

And the washer facing in the proper direction?

Reply to
Sonny

I didn't realize that the Chinglish language was that old.

Reply to
krw

Worse. Only half of them were on backwards.

Another of life's mysteries... Why do lathe specifications say, for example, 1-1/4" x 8TPI RH. Why would anyone want a left-hand spindle thread?

Reply to
krw

Not all of it. This sub-thread got off on circular saws.

Reply to
krw

Personally, I've never heard the term 'circular saws' applied to any stationary power tool. They're always handheld; granted Leon diverged from the thread, but that was, I'm sure, intentional.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Actually whit3rd diverged, I followed. '~) But thank you for clarification.

Reply to
Leon

I believe some lathes run backwards. But 99.99% of the time not.

Maybe the opposite side of the drive where you would turn a platter? Yeah on that side the chuck would unscrew when working and you would have a lot of leverage to loosen the chuck if it were RH threaded. I have never used that side of my lathe drive so it may very well be LH threaded. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Yeah! LOL

Reply to