Remington Electric Pole Saw-Handle won't tighten,

I bought a 10" Remington electric pole saw last weekend to prune the overhanging limbs from trees that keep encroaching into our yard.

The saw works as advertised, but the telescoping fiberglass handle's clamp doesn't keep the handle firmly locked during operation. I've socked it down as hard as I can, with leather gloves on my hands to improve my grip, but the handle still keeps twisting during use. The manual warns about damage from using to use tools to tighten the clamp, which makes me suspect the manufacturer knows there's a problem with their clamp.

I think it's a dangerous design for a chain saw tool, because the handle/trigger switch twists around to a point where it's difficult to operate the switch while still keeping a firm grip on the handle.

Anybody else had this problem with this product and come up with a solution which still allows easy handle length adjustment? I'd drill the handle and stick a clevis pin through it, but I'm afraid of hitting what's probably a coiled electric cord inside it.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

The problem I have is getting it *loose*. I'd go the exchange route.

Frank

Reply to
F.H..