switches with lock to on ability

many homeowner style power tools have the ability to lock the tool in the on position and most if not all real pro tools do not have lock to on ability

seems to me that is the opposite but really that feature is bad for pro or homeowner

they do it because of weak grip of homeowner weekend repairmen or some other reason

Reply to
Electric Comet

Why?

Geez, that certainly makes it definitive. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Source for that statement?

Reply to
dpb

The usual place for him. . .

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Regardless of the source, whoever made that assumption is dead wrong.

Show me a stationary power tool, pro or non pro, that does not stay turned on/lock on.

Most all corded drills, jig saws, have the ability to lock on.

Most all corded sanders lock on.

The Festool Domino is a pro tool and locks on.

Reply to
Leon