Suggestions using Jatoba/Brazilian Cherry and planner

I need some suggestions on how to keep Jatoba from slipping in my Dewalt 735 with new blades. I have set the cutter to remove only slight cut each time but I still need to push it hard going into and pull the boards out. The board is about 9" wide and 1" thick. It appears to be slipping on the rollers more then slowing down on the cutter. Should I try snow chains on the rollers or is there something I'm missing. The planner is around 6 months old. Thanks for the help

ps This is the first time I have gotten any Jatoba and didn't realize it was hard as steel.

Reply to
Keith

Keith, Try waxing the bed of the planer and see if that helps.

Good Luck.

Ronnie

Reply to
shooter

Clean the infeed and out feed rollers with an appropriate cleaner, acetone usually works nicely, and put TopCote or wax on the table surface.

Reply to
Leon

I don't know if this applies to the DeWalt 735 or not but seeing as you stated "new blades" I thought I'd mention my recent experience with my 733.

I changed the blades last week without consulting the manual. After changing the blades the stock wasn't feeding through the planer properly. I quick check of the user manual showed that when I positioned the magnetic holders for setting the blade height I used them upside down resulting in the blades being set slightly higher than they should have been causing the slippage. Resetting the blade height with the magnetic holder positioned properly solved the problem.

Reply to
Nova

I'd be careful with the acetone. It dissolves most synthetics.

Reply to
CW

Thanks for the suggestions and I did wax the table and clean the rollers and it does work MUCH better. I don't think about waxing the planner table when I do the tablesaw,bandsaw and joiner.

Nova wrote:

Reply to
Keith