stove

We bought a chimenea stove in Florida for cool nights out on the property. We have since moved to the Syracuse, N.Y., area. I would like to know how to install it in a large barn for some added heat in the winter. Thanx, Mike

Reply to
senior-chief

Hey Mike, Don't know anything about chimenea stoves, but welcome to central NY. There are a few "regulars" on this newsgroup from this general region. If you're in to woodworking, be sure to check out Lakeshore Hardwoods (lakeshorehardwoods.com) near Pulaski for wood, and Syracuse Industrial Sales (Erie Blvd near S. Crouse) for good service, power tools, bits, blades, etc. The closest woodworking-specific store seems to be Woodcraft in Rochester. Bundle up for the winter, and get some good snow tires, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Doesn't matter where you are, a chimnea is NOT made to be used indoors. If you were to put a flue on it and pipe the smoke outside, then you would probably be OK. Might make a pretty decent place to get rid of scraps and warm your hands. It will not be good to heat the barn, because it will suck all the air out of the barn and pull in cold air from outside. You really need a wood stove for heating,... or at least something with doors.

Reply to
Robert Allison

I might as well jump on the welcome wagon. But let me tell ya Mike - you'll want to put that chimenea stove up on the mantle as a conversation piece around here. Geeze we're getting enough heads here to justify a Dunkin' Donuts Wreck meeting. I'm sure Bob S will buy...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Wilson