Stopping freshly painted door from sticking to jamb

Reply to
nospambob

When painting an exterior door with latex, I always paint in the morning to give maximum time for it to dry before closing and locking the door at night. Inevitably, some paint will still stick to the jamb, lifting a bit of paint when it is opened in the morning. Is there a simple solution, other than not locking the door shut? i.e. is there something I can use as a barrier that won't discolor the paint and will prevent sticking?

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Maybe wax the jamb/weatherstripping? Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

FWIW, I use ordinary wax paper until it dries.

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Remove the weatherstripping from the jamb until the paint is REALLY dry.

Reply to
alexy

that sounds like a good idea, Vic. I'm sure there's got to be a roll of waxed paper in the kitchen. Thanks!

dave

Vic Bar> FWIW, I use ordinary wax paper until it dries.

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

that might work, Tom. one time I put silicone on the w/strip (rubbber or vinyl) but the paint softened up where the silicone came in contact with it. I bet wax WOULD work. I'll give Vic's idea a try --waxed PAPER. thanks for your suggestion.

dave

Tom wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Wax or use a release agent on the jamb???

John

Reply to
John

I'll go the wax paper route as it is quick and easy. thanks for everyone's ideas.

dave

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Rub a candle on the jam. Repeat as necessary.

in

Reply to
Frank K.

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

Baby powder on the w/stripping.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

The waxed paper worked like a charm! This morning the door opened without that dreaded "stuck" feeling which has always translated to a lot of paint having been lifted from the edges. Thanks again to all those who provided a great suggestion!

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave