Steve Knight's planes

I was looking for a final smoothing plane on Steve Knight's site and it appears that there are at least three: Coffin smoothing plane, Finish smoothing plane, and "Small Planes." Other than size, are there any functional differences betw these three ?

Thanks !

Reply to
GregP

None that are apparent, just size - same rational that other plane lines have for different sizes.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Uh . . . . why don't you ask Steve?

I have two of his smoothers and I like them.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

That's my thought, too. A more down to earth guy you won't likely find anywhere.

Send him an email, he'll happily explain.

His email address is on the contact page of his website.

Reply to
Tim and Stephanie

he did he called me today (G) I don't get to chat too much on the phone almost everything is email.

Reply to
Steve Knight

You've got a point, but I was caught up in a time bind, so I decided to try here. I did end up talking to Steve, who was pretty damn patient for morning coffee time.

Reply to
GregP