Stanley plane adjustment knob

I know this has been discussed before, but what is the tap size for the adjuster wheel on a stanley handplane. Can never find stuff when you want it....

Reply to
Michael

Not that I know exactly, but I do believe it is a "Stanley exclusive" sized thread that runs in reversal, left not right. "Mike_in_Katy" (Texas) (website) could no doubt tell ya.

Reply to
AAvK

(website) could no

Yes, _most_ of them are left hand thread, there was a brief period in the 1800's during which they were right hand, and they were always one of Stanley's pre-SAE standard threads. I _think_ 12-24, but with a different thread root diameter than other 12-24 threads.

Reply to
fredfighter