STREET LUGE

ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS: Before you test this, take out a really huge insurance policy, and make me the beneficiary.

JOAT A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence.

- Brander Matthews

Reply to
J T

Yeah - I saw some guys (and one young lady) racing these against the clock in Long Beach several years ago. All kinds of insurance is in order.

Reply to
RonB

On Wed, 11 May 2005 02:46:57 -0400, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) spake:

I built a much, much less fancy one of those as a boy in Arkansas. I asked Dad, Air Force pilot, how to go faster and he told me to reduce the drag. I oiled up the wheels and built a better skateboard.

The end of an orange crate got a 1x4x24 board nailed to the bottom so my butt fit in between the 2x2s, and a metal-wheeled skate was nailed to the bottom of that. I layed down on the thing and beat every skateboard on LRAFB going down the hill in front of my house. Crashes and burns were much easier on me, too, with the rounded curbs they used there.

Those things have come a long way since I thought 'em up. It's too bad I didn't go into manufacturing on them 40 years ago. I'd be rich now and could buy Bosch and Altendorf tools!

---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e)

Web Database Development =======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

MY LORD! You just brought back a bunch of old memories. I had forgotten about these forrunners to the go-cart.

Reply to
RonB

I am detecting an ethical lapse and definite conflict of interest. . . :)

Reply to
BillyBob

Saw a ditty on the tube the other night where a guy set a record of

98mph >
John DeBoo