Standard kitchen drawer heights?

On to the base cabinets.

ecabinets software sets a single (top) drawer opening in a base cabinet at

6". Those currently in the house are 4".

Is there a "standard" size for these? I can't find it anywhere on the web.

Reply to
manuel

No ... the two most important considerations behind choosing a drawer height are the cabinet opening size, and the type of drawer slides you use.

Reply to
Swingman

You can observe how many cabinet makers have divided the available space in their base cabinets. One reference I was able to find was in "Cabinet Making and Millwork" by John L Feirer, an old but still valuable source. Library of Congress number 81-70659. See chapter 53. Of course, being able to custom build your cabinets allows you the opportunity to select dimensions for your particular needs. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER