Stain & finish mixes for HVLP sprayers

Hi,

Anyone have their stain & finish mixes for HVLP sprayers written down that they would be willing to share. Barring that, know of any good websites that list them. Cheers!

Spinner

Reply to
spinner

You'd be much better served by testing and adjusting viscosity and air/needle/nozzle settings for whatever it is you are about to spray.

What with viscosity difference in materials from maker to maker and all the various guns out there you have a lot smaller then a 50/50 chance that what someone else may use is actually applicable to your particular requirements will be from job to job.

Reply to
Mike

I'm not sure I follow your question. I spray straight Enduro water borne polys, or I add a bit of flow enhancer. Certainly nothing to write down or keep track of... I also spray shellac and latex once in a blue moon. I thin the latex with water and add Floetrol. No secret recipe; just mfgr's guidelines.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Also keep in mind that viscosisty changes with changes in temperature. Finish material temperatures below 55-60 F will spray very differently than finish temperatures in the 75-80 F degree range. A little testing and a viscosisty flow cup, and some addatives will go a long way toware solving your spraying problems. Test can easily be done on scrap pieces of cardboard sheets salvaged from shipping boxes.

Reply to
Joe Nation