Squirrel cage blower for shop air filter..

Can anyone recommend a good source for a squirrel cage blower (shaded pole fan) for a shop air filter.

Looking for something around 1/5 hp, 800-1000cfm. It seems all the models I have found are $150-200. At that price it would be a better deal to pick up the Delta air filter from Amazon.

-Matt

Reply to
Matt

Check with HVAC installers. The shops usually have a few from systems they've updated. They will usually either give them away or sell them dirt cheap. They gave me one.

Nova

Furnace installers just take them to the scrap yard when they do a replacement. Stop by a few shops and see if you can catch one before it goes to the heap - they'll probably just give it to you. I've gotten a couple that way.

Reply to
Scott Post

Nova,

What CFM is the fan you got?

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
MSgeek

Reply to
Mapdude

I got one free also. But I gave a $10 bill anyhow. Call HVAC places under "Furnaces" in the Yellow Pages in your area. It works great in a shop-built box.

Steve Johns>

Reply to
Steven Johnson

Industrial scrap yard. These things are common, from other people's scrap HVAC systems.

-- Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

There was no information in the unit to indicated the CFM. IIRC, it's a 3 speed 1/2 HP motor with a squirrel cage approx. 12"d x 6"w.

Nova