I am spraying some new cabinets with Resisthane Plus. The sequence I am using is:
0) sand smooth
1) spray water based dye for color
1a) warm the Resisthane and cabinets to about 80 degrees.
2) spray a sealer coat of Resisthane
3) lightly sand to get rid of any fuzz from raising grain again
4) spray 2 coats of Resisthane.
5) sand until surface is smooth - remove 75% of "bumps".
6) rub with steel wool until smooth and no "bumps"
It is a lot of work. I am using a 4 stage Fuji HVLP gun. The Resisthane seems to go on wet and dries in about 30 minutes. I re-spray after a couple of hours and am surprised that the "bumps" appear after step 3. Do I need to thin the Resisthane? Spray more coats before it will level? Any help would be appreciated