Spindle Sanders?

On my Wilton there is a rectangular spot at the top of the shaft for the second wrench. There's hardly enough to get the wrench on though and I never do it that way. I just grab the drum with the other hand. I can't get the 3" drum tight enough, but the rest are no problem.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Thanks, you have been extremely helpful. If you are ever in Asheville, I'll buy you a beer!

Gary

Reply to
Gary E

Hey all

Just wanted to give you an update for all of you who helped me.

I purchased the Ridgid from Home Depot. Setup was very simple and easy, did most of it without the manual, but did refer to it to double check my work. Very intuitive. It is very quiet and easy to use, I was pleasantly surprised.

I started by attached the 2" drum sander and used that last night. It worked well, but the supplied drum sandpaper was a little finer grit than I needed to start. I was cleaning up some 2"+ white oak, and I could bog it down if I tried, but overall very pleasing.

Just now, I attached the belt sander and tried that. I had not realized that the belt sander would oscillate as well, another pleasant surprise. (I guess I thought there would be some override when that attachment was used). With the Belt sander, and the contours on each end, I was easily able to finish the piece of oak I was working on, and the interchange was a snap. I think I am in love.

I need to get a vacuum attachment made, but that is minor. I have my fingers crossed that it will hold up under use, because it is going to be one of my favorite tools.

Thanks again, everyone

Gary

Reply to
Gary E