specs wanted for HF 2hp DC

inlet size? outlet size? impellar size?

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

I didn't bring it to work with me today, but I'm positive the inlet and outlet are both five inches. I'm looking around for decent five-inch pipe for the main run.

Never measured the impeller.

Reply to
s2s

at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

yeah, i tried that

dont see the impeller size and i dont believe the inlet and outlet numbers

i believe there is 2 4" inlets, but i'm wondering what size the main inlet is.. assuming the 2x4" fixture can be removed.

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

5"
Reply to
bridger

thanks, Tom.. i thought I was going to have to go find that for him..

*g*
Reply to
mac davis

it's a 5" inlet, to the impeller... no idea what the measurements of the impeller is, but it looks like they could have used a larger one if they wanted to.. the DC comes with a Y that goes on the 5" side and gives you 2 4" connections.. I moved the Y to the top of my cyclone...

Reply to
mac davis

For a fact:

Inlet Y is two 4" Remove the plastic inlet Y and you have a single 5" The impellar is 10" across. There does appear to be room for a larger one, likely 12" I took a couple of photos when I assembled mine and posted them on woodcentral.

arw01

thanks!

presumably the outlet is also 5"

so compared to other makes the 5" inlet is smallish

hmmm.. so maybe a new inlet could be crafted to be 6"

mak>For a fact:

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

I haven't been out to that dust collection website for a while, but one thing I do remember is that he said most DC's, including the one we're talking about, have max efficiency with a five-inch pipe. A six-inch opening is too big, and if I remember correctly you end up with the same result as you would with four-inch.

I could be wrong about that, so if anyone feels like jumping in and yelling "BUZZZZZ! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!", feel free. If you're into that sort of thing.

Reply to
Dan

Changing the intake size to 6" will be useless, since the exhaust size is still 5". This is also true with the Jet 1200 DC. The intake is

6", but the exhaust is only 5". Locally, the only 1200 cfm DC that has a matched intake/exhaust is the Delta, with 6" for both.

Rick

Reply to
rshelton

The outlet is initially square and larger than the circle the adapter changes too. Some handy sheetmetal work and you could end up with a 6" outlet.

Alan

Reply to
arw01

IMHO, if you're going to build a high tech hot rod, you don't start with a Yugo.. The HF DC is great for what it IS.. a cheap DC for a reasonable price... by the time you customize the ports and other specs, you've bought a better one with your time and expense..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis