Source for template router bits (bearing on shaft side)

Hi,

I've been recently building a box with a bunch of curves using router templates. I have a long bit with a bearing on the end that I've been using with a template. To prevent tearout going against the grain, I've been detaching my template halfway through and mounting it on the other side of the workpiece.

Moving the template is a bit of a pain (e.g., I can never get the template to register exactly after I flip it).

The latest FWW suggests using a second router bit, with bearing on the shaft side, and just turning the piece over.

So I've been looking around for a longer router bit with the bearing on the shaft side, but without much luck. Anyone know where to obtain one? Ideally I'd like to get a cutting length of about 1 to 1.5" ... diameter doesn't matter much.

Many thanks, Nate Perkins Ft Collins, CO

Reply to
Nate Perkins

-snip-

Veatch Wichita, KS USA