Somewhat OT - Final pics of store renovation

Hi folks. I haven't posted here much lately as we finally finished the 5 month renovation of our store, and have been getting the deli business back off the ground. We did all of the work other than electrical and plumbing ourselves. I built a nice new counter and installed $4000 worth of butcher block counter tops. Sorry Larry, but I slathered on the poly! It was an oil based Sherwin Williams and after curing for a couple of months now it seems pretty impervious to things like hot coffee containers and various spills. I actually thought I'd add a layer of carnuba wax to even out the finish, but haven't had time yet.

I wanted to thank those who helped me with questions about joining counters and so on. The pics at the link below are mostly "before, during and after" shots. I have to warn you there are a lot of them!

again, dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

"Dan White" wrote in news:Kxrue.5784$ snipped-for-privacy@fe08.lga:

Thanks for posting these. It's nice to see the results of a project we've discussed for some months, and given advice on. You did well. Much success in your endeavor!

The cook wearing the shirt is a nice upgrade, BTW. ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I'd say one of the biggest improvements you made was to brighten up the place. More lights, lighter paint, it makes a big difference. Looks great. Good luck with the newly renovated store.

Reply to
Upscale

Reply to
Wilson

Thank you! It's nice to be done with it, too! Of course there's always some little thing to finish up on.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

Thanks! One of the things that doesn't show up in the pics is the smell. There was about 4" of grease under the building that wafted up into the place. We got what we could out, and put down 8" of concrete on top...odor gone.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

Fairfield, NJ. The Cutting Board Deli & Grill. 10% discount to rec members!

Thanks, dwhite

Reply to
Dan White