Some people shouldn't DIY (rant)

What a bunch of arrogant pricks. They are crying for business here and would have sold you anything in the store if you had a check/ credit card or cash with you.

It is an amazing world we live in.

Here, not one HD had anyone in the store that could spell "SBS". They sure don't carry any kind of SBS, much less a self adhered type, or even at the farthest end of the scale, an installation kit for the stuff.

Like I said, amazing.

Makes me dislike our local stores even a little more.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Well, Home Depot can't get the non-adhesive base, Bradco supply has never heard of it, ABC supply has it but won't sell it to me or to Home Depot, finally the guy at the local hardware store did enough digging to find out what the problem was--non-adhesive base for SBS is apparently not sold north of the Mason Dixon Line.

So, my choices seem to be to have a friend in Atlanta get some there and send it to me or to just go with Liberty on the self-adhesive base and do it by the GAF book.

One problem is that local code requires that there be SBS applied to the decking on low slope roofs here--apparently what a lot of roofers do is put down Weatherwatch and then put the Liberty cap sheet right on top of it instead of using the Liberty base. So even if I do use the non-adhesive base I'm going to have to put Ice and Water Shield or Weatherwatch or something similar under it to meet code.

So, what sounds like the best option?

Reply to
J. Clarke