Some of my other Grampa's tools

Apology for the hypocrite remark. I confused you with others who dole out the ad hominems in political threads and others.

Still thin-skinned however. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thank goodness someone still can see the humor in any situation. Sometime the funniest things that happen are when you look back a very serious event after several days have passed and the adrenaline is gone.

Humor is what keeps us all from become Social Democrats

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Not really. It was getting kind of quiet around here and I was getting bored. :)

RicodJour

Well.... up yours, then! (:-o

Reply to
-MIKE-

On 10/15/2009 7:04 PM Dave Balderstone spake thus:

I'll bet that most, if not all, of that rust can be easily removed.

My method of choice is electrolytic rust removal. Look it up; lots of sites showing how to do it.

Basically, you immerse the thing to be de-rusted in a solution of sodium carbonate (aka washing soda, sold as a Ph modifier for swimming pools everywhere), put a piece of iron or steel in the bath, make the tool the negative electrode and the other piece of metal the positive one, run low voltage DC (12 volts typically) through the bath and presto! off comes the rust.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Could it be a pin vise?

Reply to
MikeWhy

I've done that in the past, but most of these don't need it, as it turns out. So far, so good! I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:30:55 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

Them younguns, I swear...

Reply to
Larry Jaques