Snap-Check+ Setup Tool - Opinions Wanted

I have little use for another tool with a digital display. I have too many that always have dead batteries when I want to use them.

Reply to
krw

"John S" wrote in news:p3trmd$8sh$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Hey, that'd be great... Something like those solar powered (or room light powered) calculators from the 90's. Just turn it on and use it. I can press the zero button--it's not a problem!

I wonder if they're available somewhere?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

My caliper does well with batteries. My tilt box has a snug fitting vinyl case that I think I end up turning the unit back on just getting it back in the case. Another couple of electronic measures that I seldom use are dead all the time. I use them to keep up with my dead batteries.

Reply to
Leon

"John S" wrote in news:p3trmd$8sh$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

--Of course they are available - I do have one. Try an Amazon search for solar digital calipers. Some are less than $25.

Reply to
John S

I have a credit card sized solar powered calculator called "Mighty Thin" I bought at Radio Shack in the '70's and not only does it work perfect with my just my shop lights, but it works off the non-replaceable battery as well. I can cover the solar cell with my finger and the damned thing still works. How does a battery last over 40 years?

I also had a multi-meter that had 2 AA batteries that lasted almost that long. The batteries had no labels when I replaced them, that's how I knew they were originals. Also recall a childrens book that played "Iitsy Bitsy Spider" when you opened it. Thing was sitting on book shelf for around 15 years and it still worked when opened. Go Figure

That's it though, all my other battery experiences have not been any where near these 3 items.

My digital calibers (not solar) can't keep a battery between uses. Everytime I use it I need a new battery. Solved that problem by removing the battery after use, and keeping it in the case. Same with my Wixy tilt thing-ee, batteries don't last between uses. Both of these have auto off. I think they should call it auto battery eaters.

Reply to
Jack

Batteries in all of my Tv remotes and the like seem to last forever too. And those things get used a lot compared to seldom used measuring devices. My electronic caliper seems to be the only battery shop measuring device that the battery lasts as long as you might expect.

Reply to
Leon