Sliding Door Hardware.

I need to put a couple of doors on closet installation. The doors are going to be 8ft tall and about 42 inches wide. There will be 2 doors.

I am looking for sliding door hardware and wanted something that rolled really well preferable at the top and the bottom. Ikea has some cool hardware but they don't sell it separately.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Pat

Rockler and Home Depot both has sliding door hardware. Don't know if they will have what you are looking for. Give them a try.

Paul T.

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
PH Thorsted

to be that you could get nice, grooved brass tracks for the bottoms of sliding/pocket doors but I haven't seen any in years. Truth be told, they were a pain because crud always got packed into the tracks. Nowadays, the doors are kept from swinging by using a simple little nylon "U".

Reply to
dadiOH

Try "Stanley Hardware" at:

web site has a "Where to buy" section.

Reply to
Nova

You might check with your local lumber yard to see what they have. If they don't carry what you need they can probably order something for you. I'm not sure what you need. If you need bipass hardware or pocket door hardware it should be easily available. Make sure that the specs meet the weight requirements of your door/s. Most makers have a heavy duty line that will handle about anything. For bipass hardware, I've never used any that had a bottom roller system but most have a bottom track that a plastic guide rides in just to keep the doors from swaying in the hole. The weight of the doors still hangs from the upper track. As far as brands go, I've only used Stanley and Johnson. Johnson seems to have heavier tracks and better rollers.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

I am installing eight foot pocket doors and seven foot closet doors and am using

kits for doors and find them very strong and far superior to what you will find n Home Depot or any lumber yard. You can order from them direct.

Reply to
cabennett