Skil may have something worth taking a second look at.

And if you order online you get a free trial membership to the HandyMan Club of America!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:250320081604140597%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

Oooh! Is a glu^h^h^h^h drill guide included?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Comparable item here, costs a little less. <

DS

Paul Hastings

B O N U S ! ! ! ! ! LOL

Reply to
Leon

Ice Hole! I actually went to take a look LOL... ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Belly laugh! Good one.

Reply to
DGDevin

Careful Leon, part of the price tag on those Rotex sanders is the sensors to detect the presence of anything from Skil and innitiate the auto-destruct sequence. A pleasant voice with a German accent calmly announces "You clearly have no idea what you are doing. The tool will cease to function in 5, 4, 3..."

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Yeah, I don't want to get my Domino near it. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Didn't see the free ticket to Handyman Heaven though...

Reply to
jo4hn

Betcha the Domino has an auto lockdown feature on it when it gets by Chinese tools....

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

exposure lately. My son-in-law gave a year's worth of Popular Science, (we love him dearly, but he doesn't quite 'get' what genuinely interests me just yet) and in the last issue was a URL which took me to Skil's site. Those guys have been busy! I have a 30-year old 1/2" Skil VS drill which I use as a nut-driver. It doesn't want to die. I also have a 7-1/4 Skil Saw which after 35 years only shows a run-out of .002. Great for cutting up 12-foot pallets and such.

I don't think we can count the Skil boys out just yet.

I dated the daughter of the Toronto area's Skil rep. The biggest head of curly red hair you've ever seen...and a temper to match.... but I digress.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

LOL ... know the feeling. MIL gave me what is apparently a self-renewing subscription to "The Family HANDYMAN" magazine.

Lots of stuff between the pages that even the DIY channel would not stoop to, but handy in the throne room in the event speculators drive up the price of TP.

Reply to
Swingman

You never told me that you were a subscriber to HANDYMAN magazine. LOL.

Reply to
Leon

My FIL took that rag for years. When you're a prisoner of the spouse's parents and desperate for ANYTHING that isn't Redbook or Southern Living (OK, I admit I looked at a Southern Living - ONCE!) and the closest decent magazine rack is 30 miles away in San Antonio, Handyman, like methadone, will get you by.

Speaking of rags, can I interest anybody in about 30 years of Road & Track? Does that make me a spammer?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

"Leon" wrote

Aye ... my name is certainly on the subscription. And where do you think I learned everything I know!!

Reply to
Swingman

File a change of address with Leon's information.

Reply to
B A R R Y

This would never replace a solid wooden workbench, but if you're like me and have to put all your toys away at the end of the day it is very good.

BTW I think I had the Fisher Price one too lol.

Reply to
asmurff

LOL ... the MIL would probably go for that ... she already thinks he's cute. ;)

Reply to
Swingman