Sketup Question

Say wot? Flame finials are works of art. Those are hard to make, even for an a-axis indexing lathe on a CNC. I like the brass ones, with the flame going a bit sideways in a mythical breeze. To carve those free-hand out of wood takes a deft hand...hell even a minwax hand! I ain't stirring shit! You must have me confused with someone else.

======== Cursed Fine Woodworking back issues. I was rearranging some bookcases, and grabbed out a small handful to browse. "This doesn't look difficult at all" is the old man's equivalent of "Hold my beer."

Reply to
MikeWhy

Apparently you have no clue what a troll might be. Being employed and having a job has zip, nadda, nothing to do with whether one is a troll or not. Besides, I probably worked longer than RoboCop's been alive.

Perhaps, but in this thread, the only contribution he's made is misinformation, big time.

As far as the RoboTroll statement, it was just a response to him calling me SteinTroll. BTW, I have no clue what a " villian" might be... Perhaps RoboCop, the spell checker can help you with this stuff?

If all this bothers you so much, read something else...

Oh, Robocop sure doesn't need you defending him any more than Swingman needs me. You have something good or bad to say about SU, go ahead and make your day. A post that does nothing but attack me is troll like. Are you employed/own a business?

Not sure what your post here contributes to anything, other than you getting your rocks off attempting to make me look like a villain, or troll, or whatever simple minded thing floats your boat.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Funny, this post you just responded to is neither, yet you participate...

Takem' where you can gettem'

I do know what it means when someone feels the need to repeatedly tell the world they "plonked" someone yet not really do it. Perhaps you should see a shrink?

PS, you missed a "glaring" spelling error in your buddies post... I guess you were off duty or on a donut break?

Reply to
Jack Stein

You are both fricken trolls. NOW both of you to your bridges and STFU!

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

His name is Rob. My name is Mike. We'll call you Jack until you let us know otherwise. If you'll back it down a notch, we can have a discussion.

It opens doors. It's not a full CAD system. That about sums it up. It's the same concept, seen from different sides.

Reply to
MikeWhy

I wonder if a flame finial on top of a newell post would pass code in today's Nanny World.

Reply to
Robatoy

Right from the get go it's obvious who likes to be provocative.

Now I'm sitting on my "paranoia" wondering what your point you are trying to make?

Still sitting on my "paranoia"

Yes, that is obvious to say the least. Fortunately for me, I have the time, the patience and the interest... so far.. Unlike you, if I didn't have the time or patience, I would not be doing it... Go figure!

Good for you, makes my day, I guess Google will be sending me a check for getting you to at least consider using their free product.

You say this with a straight face as you trash me without a word about the subject at hand, which has been about Robocop making silly statements about Sketchup, like:

"Opens doors. That's all it does? Pro is not a waste of money IMO and blows the doors off the SUFreebie, all the good stuff seems to be hanging around in LayOut."

This is not all he has said, he started out saying he doesn't have the "time" to list specifics about all of SU's short comings, or what makes it nothing but a toy. This is what got me started because:

1)based on the number of posts he makes, he seems to have plenty of time 2) when he has been "specific" in the past, Swingman ended up wasting his time specifically pointing out where he was wrong.

No doubt! I think you really meant you wanted to talk trash but didn't want me to respond... not troll-like at all, just hypocrite-like.

When folks take the time to trash me, I generally have the courtesy to respond in kind, even though I don't have the "time" or "patience".

And the value of you words are? Well, I guess they provide me, and probably only me, some form of entertainment, nothing much else I can think of.

I assume unlike real trolls, you have a job, so since you are not a real troll, what kind of troll might you be, a pretend troll? A wannabe troll?

Who would have guessed? I think you've plonked me in the past... I think I'll go kill myself...

BTW, real trolls never really plonk anyone, rather they just say it to stir things up...

Reply to
Jack Stein

Well Mike, if you read your own post, you said "Rob was exactly right" Out of respect I took the time to post some of what Rob has said that I find exactly wrong.

If you'll back it down a notch, we can have a discussion.

OK Mike, but I think every ounce of worthwhile discussion over the value of SU has been squeezed out this thread, and all thats left is fighting over silly crap. I don't mind the silly crap all that much, and if you really don't get that no one, not me, not even Google considers SU a full blown CAD program like AutoCad, then not sure what else can be said to clarify it for you.

Nope, same side. In fact I think I've used those exact words about a million times in this thread. "It opens doors thats ALL it does" is plain ignorant at best, stupid at worst, and those are [some of] the words used by Robocop that are exactly wrong.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Mark, thanks for slapping me awake, I was just sitting here under my bridge, starting to doze off...

Really, I find it interesting (not) how many people participate in threads they don't like, are bored with or have no interest in...

Myself, and I admit I'm easily entertained, I don't participate in stuff that doesn't entertain/interest me. For example, I don't participate in the what is this number 527 threads... I don't tell other people to STFU because I'm not interested or find it boring, I just skip over it.

Really, how dumb is it to state you don't have time for this nonsense and will not participate in this nonsense (Lee's words) and in that very post are wasting time and participating in the nonsense? How can one NOT laugh, or cringe or something?

If you think I'm a Troll fine. If I am a troll, you can best make me go away by ignoring me completely. If I'm not a troll, and I'm not, the best way to get me to STFU in this thread is to STFU yourself... get it? If you don't get it, hurry up, cause I'm starting to lose interest...

Reply to
Jack Stein

Aw what shame that would be. (From a retired old troll)

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Jumping through the cable channels and caught Orange County Chopper guys halling or hauling, not sure, in a new CNC machine to cut stainless steel flames out for putting on a bikes gas tank. I think the damned thing cut with water but it wasn't too expensive, just $500,000. I think it was just a toy to these guys though, at least they sure made tons of cash w/o it...

Reply to
Jack Stein