Shop Fox Bench Pin Router

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has one of these and their opinion.

was thinking of buying one but haven't found much for feedback on this pin router.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Reply to
Mr.Whoppie

Sorry I don't have experience wih this unit but I always have an opinion.

For the price it seems like a pretty sweet deal. I would assume the arm is ridged enough from the look of it. I think you would want to mount a full 3HP router. It is a really cool concept that it can accept different sized routers and may fit what you already own. However it only goes up to a 4 1/2" collar (as they call it) and some of the higher powered routers you might want to mount aren't round, like a Freud or Triton. However, the beefy PC would fit nicely.

Also, I would assume you could actually spend a little more and find an air driven spindle that would mount up and have all the juice you need.

You typically won't want to hog out a bunch of material. You should trim the final piece to fit close to the final template size and just trim for a clean cut, so you never need the full HP but having it is really the best way to make sure you get clean cuts using HS cutters, etc.

The table looks small and no fence which is sometimes nice to have but you could build out a bigger table for it to sit > Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has one of these and their opinion.http:=//www.woodstockint.com/Products/W1736/> I was thinking of buying one but haven't found much for feedback on

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

During my loudspeaker building days, we used similar (although a lot bigger) machines to do repetitive work, such as holes in baffle boards etc. It is a very useful tool. You will find many ways to make it work for you, such as drilling shelf and hinge holes for 32 mm cabinets etc. But, you will still have to make templates for any of the projects you want to do, and once a template is made, you can often rout the part by hand, but if you need 50 parts or more, this toy,oops, machine will be a great solution. A Milwaukee 3.25 HP motor will be a great addition.

Reply to
Robatoy