Shipping from US to Canada

Also Brown's idea of an exchange rate is insane.

Reply to
Robatoy

The last time I got something shipped from the US via UPS (brokerage was included) there was an indication when it crossed the border and then no tracking information until it was delivered.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

=================================== Whenever possible, I ask for USPS shipment. It works great for me, and I get a lot of routerbits and abrasives that way.

Interesting, especially since Pearl Abrasives is Canadian.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I understand now, that the issue was with tracking info, after it crosses the border.

It might help some other to know that you still get delivery confirmation, however.

Reply to
-MIKE-

IME, Canada Post & USPS/Canada Post has been much more reliable outside the major centres. I have lived in Fredereicton NB, St.John's NL and now Whitehorse. Never had a problem with Canada Post and Priority post. Numerous problems with the private couriers.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

I have never had a problem with the exchange rate. In theory it is supposed to be the actual Bank of Canada official exchange rate for the date stated on the Commercial Invoice, not on the date it was imported or brokered.

Reply to
EXT

Really? I've never gotten the "official" exchange rate from anyone. They always take a percentage.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

You get pretty close with most credit cards IME. But never, ever exchange your money at the front desk of your hotel. You're far better off to find a bank.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I do a fair bit of business across the river between my home and Port Huron Michigan. The exchange rate Brown uses to calculate fees and rates is always worse than the exchange one gets from either a credit card or a bank.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Brown" is a crook.

Reply to