Shellac Question

Hi Group, I have a gallon can of Bullseye Shellac that's been setting a while. It has gelled but not solidified. Can I rejuvenate it by adding alcohol? Thanks, Jim

Reply to
James

Yes. Even if it solidified.

Reply to
dadiOH

Even if it is solidified on a table top.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

While you can, I would not. It's past its lifetime. Once it starts to go hard, it really is not good as a finish. It may never dry.

Reply to
woodchucker

LOL... how true is that?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Correct. The ingredients and/or properties that let it dry only work once, although I have gotten away with dewaxed that has only been dry (on a surface) for a few hours.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard