Shelf Pin Holes

Funny how that works.....after you recuperate.

Reply to
Leon

When mine get clogged up, the base guide portion doesn't want to spring back down, so I have to pull the wood clear in order to get the guide to spring back. This has happened both with cheap knock-off and full-up spendy Vix bits. This has happened in both cherry and maple.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Ahh you are speaking of the regular vix stye bits. Agreed, those do clog. The Rockler pin jig bit has not clogged enough on me to need to stop and clear it.

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:46:01 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn scrawled the following:

Yeah, what we thought were one butt muscle turned out to be several different glutes and a few other helpers down there. Every time I do flooring or a deck, my lower back and glutes let me know it.

-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It took about 8 months for my right arm and shoulder to fully recover after building my deck. Lying on your back driving approx 2200 screws from the underside isn't as much fun as it may sound... Who knew?

And that was after driving about 2000 nails by hand attaching the joist track.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:12:29 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

I hope you charged the owner a couple of new tools (machines, eh?) for that. She forced you into doing the hidden fastener scam, right? Thot so.

-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The owner was me...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:01:54 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

That went PSA, did it? (In that case, you were UNmarried at the time, I presume?)

-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

Reply to
Larry Jaques

PSA?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:49:58 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

Now-defunct American airline. See de plane, boss? It WENT RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD. Capice, now?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You expect a Canuck to remember failed US companies? :-P

What I meant by "the owner was me" was that *I* chose the hidden fasteners.

But back to your original question, no new machines... Din't need any. (What more than a chop saw do you need to build a deck?)

I did buy some nice long levels and squares, though.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone