Sheet goods carrier

don't recall seeing this posted before. Seems pretty efficient, but kinda pricey at $50. I prefer the commercial video - you'll see why. No affiliation, etc.

Buddy

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in news:4812779c$0$11635$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

Wood Magazine reviewed this and a couple of other,less expensive types several months ago.

you could make one out of birch plywood and some rubber inner tube.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Have a friend in our wood club that has one and doesn't like it. I thought it would work nice but after his comments decided against it. He is a wood shop teacher.

Tim

Reply to
tdup2

I too thought the design sucked ... off the cuff, I would much rather lift, with my arm over the sheet and using the muscles in my shoulder and entire arm to carry the load, instead of what appears to be a load on the wrist.

Then again, I saw it at the last woodworking show, but did not try it ... I could well be missing something.

Reply to
Swingman

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9A8BD7E22116jyanikkuanet@64.209.0.85:

the issue is #177,July 2007,page 26

Stanley panel carry;$6 stanleytools.com The Pocket Troll;$20 telproduct.com The Troll;$30 telproduct.com.

and you could make the handle so your arm is not over your shoulder,too.

a cam-type handle that grips the panel against a opposite-side fixed piece.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The plastic version I use that hooks under the sheet was $3.

**
**

B A R R Y

I've got The Troll and it works just fine... especially nice to be able to roll large heavy panels on edge through tight spaces.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I think the commercial, you know, with the young woman, has her lifting 1/2, but who cares!

I have one of those plastic thingies that lifts from the bottom and it is always tough to maneuver. I'd buy one but I think I will pass due to the price.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

What a cheesy stereotypical commercial.

Reply to
mare

If I got one of these my wife would feel that she wasn't needed anymore.

Boden

Reply to
Boden

You pour, pour man.....