Sears Table Saw Fence Upgrade

I have Sears 113.299132 12# table saw. I'm wanting to upgrade the fence system. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Chris Hyndman

T-Square Beismeyer clone. I put a Jet clone on mine about 25 years ago.

Reply to
Leon

I put a Delta T-Square on my 113.298031 10" TS.

All I can say is "Why didn't I do it sooner?"

P.S. If your saw is set up like mine, consider this if you ever need to change the arbor or arbor bearing:

Instead of doing it the usual way as shown on YouTube (removing the arbor assembly, etc.) I cut a hole in the side of the cabinet and removed just the arbor itself.

No need to realign anything, no heavy lifting, just a hole in the side of the case. I screwed a piece of plywood over the hole and now hang my featherboards and other accessories on it.

I also removed the right side extension table and replaced it with a router table.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Question. I have never checked the feasibility, but thought about changing the arbor.

Could you flip the saw upside down and remove the base and the sides from the top and change the arbor that way?

Reply to
knuttle

Theoretically, yes. That's often how it is suggested that it be done.

Physically, no. It's a 2 person lift and SWMBO is not capable of helping.

I probably could have found someone to help, but for various reasons - the small size of my shop being the main one - I decided to try the through- the-side method instead. There's also a few more things that need to be dissembled to get the case off.

Did I lessen the value of the $100 TS I bought back in the early 90's? Maybe to some "it has to be original" fanatic, but that's not me. The T-Square fence, router table extension and removable outfeed table make it not only "unoriginal" but also worth a lot more than what the basic saw was.

Good God, was that original fence a piece of sh*t.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Anyone beside me find it strange that we've had 2 posts about a 113.299132 in as many days - both originating from from Homeowners Hub?

Coincidence?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yes coincidence, given the distribution of Sears.

Reply to
Markem618

I dunno, you've made two posts about it in a single day. Generalizing from two to many is fraught.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Normally I'd agree, but I can't find another post with that model number since 2004. "Given the distribution of Sears" you'd think there would a lot more.

Then we get 2 in 2 days, both from HOH. That just doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. No big deal, just seems strange.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

!2 inch tablesaws are not that common true. As far as the fellow with the motor problem Emerson would be the folks to check with for a replacement, if Emerson does not have it you are SOL.

Reply to
Markem618

I have that issue too. I rigged a chain and an electric hoist to help with such things. Flipping it over would be a bit tricky. I moved lifts on my drill press's Bora to the front (swapped all four corners). The chain hoist came really handy again.

Reply to
krw

No. Intentional. There is nothing worthwhile coming from the Homoaners Hub.

Reply to
krw

The most likely case is that the individual posted, didn't see the post (USENET propogation delays) and reposted with a different subject.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

That's the least likely case.

This thread is related to a fence upgrade, the other was about the motor. In addition, the posts came from 2 different usernames on 2 different days.

Different usernames, different days, completely different content. It's pretty hard to attribute that to an "propagation delay" issue.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 snipped-for-privacy@eznet.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Chances are Google/Bing/AltaVista/Juno/AskJeeves/Yahoo picked up the model number from a crawl (of Homeowners Hub?) and sent guy #2 who happened to be looking at the same thing our way.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper