Scroll saw for marquetry

With all the recent discussions on scroll saws, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for which were adequate, good, and/or exceptional for marquetry?

The standard search through the groups on Google turned up a few things, most of which were rather old.

I have an old 20?" Rockwell one, but don't seem to be able to do the REALLY fine cuts on it (mostly because I can't hold the piece still enough. I haven't gotten around to slowing it down to see if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

-- Remove the . from mot.orola and the .splinter from my email address to reply.

Jason Rziha

Reply to
Jason Rziha

since nobody else had a brain fart...... From high to low IMO- Hawk, Hegner, Delta, and Dewalt. No matter which saw, use Flying Dutchman blades.

Can't beat the Delta blade clamps for quick threading into interior cuts.

Reply to
Tom

Jason, I own the Dewalt 788 and use it primarily for marquetry work. What's nice about it is that all of the controls are up front, right where you need them. I generally run it at the slowest speed, it helps with some of the delicate work.

You have to do a little work to get it ready for marquetry. First thing I did was cut a piece of 1/8 in melamine the same shape as the table. Drill a small hole where the blade goes through and use double stick tape to secure it to the table. This will provide a slick surface as well as a smaller hole so you don't lose some of the small pieces as you cut.

You should also check out this site:

review as well as information on how to align the blade.

Hope this helps

Jeff Zahnle