sawing lumber on my bandsaw, right...

Before I got my Rikon I was using a 14" saw which I still have. I was told if you got a good bi-metal blade you could go to 3/4". I bought a lenox saw blade I think its 2 or 3 TPI. I was able to use my fastrac fense with no adjustment for drift. The biggest problem was just only having 3/4 HP for power. I still keep the saw but just run smaller blades on it and that lets me leave a fat blade on the Rikon. Mine is rated for a 5/8 blade which I have but never took out of the box. Oh well never hurts to have extra blades.

Miked M

Reply to
Mike M

I just got the new Highland Hardware catalog, and they mention a blade designed for green wood. I guess the set of the teeth are wider, and prevent binding.

Bruce Barnett

I read you post. Moronic is a poor choice of words. Sarcastic is more fitting. How about annoyingly sarcastic?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

yep.. I've been running the same set of cool blocks for a year or so, and rotate them during blade changes... (translation: when the old blade doesn't cut anymore)

I set them flush with the blade sides, loose enough to turn the upper wheel by hand... they work really well for me... Mac

mac davis